Saturday 9 November 2019

Outfit of the Day 9/11/19 - bright blues for grey skies!



Vintage BHS dress - £1, The Project Too, Southchurch, Southend. 
Office Ankle Boots - £5, Anthony Hopkins charity shop, Pimlico, London. 
Vintage satchel - £2, Community Fundraising Shop, Southchurch, Southend. 

Sneinton Market Square - I loved this new graffiti! 

Words cannot express how LUCKY I feel to have a wardrobe stuffed to the brim with amazing '£1 and under finds' (God bless Southend second hand shopping - of which more in a later post... stay tuned), but this dress was love at first sight even before I knew it was a complete steal. It was a risky purchase, as it's a few sizes bigger than me, but I loved the double-breasted waist detail and the bold block of colour, and also the low neckline which I think is a nice counterpoint to the longer length. A lot of my vintage purchases are things I'm drawn to because of an intense pattern (love a good eighties floral, me) so this is relatively plain by comparison but still eye-catching because it's such a gorgeous bright blue. It might seem odd but it makes me feel powerful and confident, especially teemed with my beloved heeled ankle boots - a slightly more extravagant purchase from 2017 but they really have paid for themselves by now (even with a couple of bouts of reheeling thrown in because ya girl is Hard On Shoes).

For YEARS I thought midi length dresses and skirts were to be Avoided Like the Plague because I'm so short but honestly - they now make up the bulk of my wardrobe and I ADORE them, especially with any of my prodigious collection of ankle boots. 'Should' and 'Shouldn't wear' rules re. fashion are best chucked aside before you embrace charity shopping - it's so much more fun being able to approach all of those goodies with an open and experimental mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment